Café Services Commits to Global Animal Partnership Program
Café Services, Inc., a leading dining management services company specializing in corporate, educational and senior living environments, announce its commitment to adopting policies to improved breeding conditions of broiler chicken welfare by 2024 or sooner.
These policies support the efforts of the Global Animal Partnership (GAP), which include:
- Improving welfare outcomes associated with fast growing strains.
- Providing enriched environments including natural light, hay bales, litter and perches that meet GAP standards.
- Reducing stocking density equal to/less than 6lbs/ft2 and prohibit broiler cages per GAP standards.
- Rendering bird’s unconscious prior to shackling using Controlled or Low Atmosphere Stunning.
- Provide details on compliance to third-party auditor.
Café Services Inc. has consistently strived as an industry leader to adopt other sustainable policies and products relative utilizing locally produced cage-free eggs to pole caught canned Albacore tuna.
The company does already purchase poultry products from suppliers that have been certified by the Global Animal Partnership and will continue to support high quality and ethical production methods.